Eye Care Expert Forum
Am I the only one

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Am I the only one

I have an eye condition nevus of ota ! Is very rare more common in women ! I'm male n I have it in both eyes !! It didn't bother me so much before but now I gettin older n it's gettin darker ! What treatment is avaible n is there any other males out there with this condition n has it in both eyes ??
There is no treatment for the Nevus of Ota. You need to have yearly dilated eye exams because there is a small chance of developing a tumor in your eye which can be cancerous.
Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
www.tmcgaritymd.com
Thank you very much for ur response . N sorry to ask a couple more ! Ive read about sum sorta laser threat ment ! Qswitch laser ! But havin trouble finding places that do it. ? N is it vis able ? N is it likely itwill spread , it hasn't always been on my eyelids! I have seen my doctor n am waiting an appointment to see eye specialist ! N I no that will be weeks ! More now than ever I'm very aware with my appearance ! N my other big fear is , the tumours n the cancer ! U will no that this is a rare condition even rarer in males ! N it effects one eye , I have it in both ! Will be very grateful