Amblyopia and cataract surgery
I am 65 years old and have amblyopia and cataracts. I have put off the surgery for several years but now need to get it done. My surgeon will do the lazy eye first and the good eye two weeks later.
I need some input on what lenses to have implanted and the resulting problems with each. It sounds like a monolens with bifocal contacts are a good option as the halos at night would be very limiting
You need to discuss this with your surgeon.  I do not know your refraction, the vision of the amblyopic eye before the onset of the cataract, etc.  In general, I would recommend a monofocal IOL for the amblyopic eye. Depending on the degree of amblyopia, you can consider an accommodating IOL.  This works well especially in a moderate hyperope ( I have an moderately hyperopic physician with amblyopia in whom I implanted a monofocal IOL in his amblyopic eye (20/40 post surgery) and a Crystalens in his normal eye ( 20/20 and J1).  He does not use glasses and is very happy.

Dr. O.