Eye Care Community
Any experiences with Mono focal IOL set for intermediate distance ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Has any body tried setting mono focal lens for intermediate distance instead of usual long distance ? How is the distant and near vision ?  How common is it ? I think it is a good choice for those who work with computers.
Yes and that is covered in my article http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/1648102/Consider-ALL-the-Options-Before-Your-Cataract-Surgery-Working-Through-Whats-Best-For-You  ; So one eye, normally the non-dominant eye would ideally be left with a post op refractive error of -1.00  if the dominant eye was set a 0.00 this would be "mini-monofocal distance bias"  if the dominant eye was set at -1.00 and the non-dominant eye -2.25 that would be "mini-monofocal near bias"  if the dominant was set at 0.00 and the non-domimant at -2.25 that would be "full monofocal" this is often difficult to get use to and the glasses it requires difficult to get use to.