Anyone have experiance with the Softec HD IOL
Does anyone have any experiance with the Softec HD from Lenstec.  I was told by a surgeon it can give good intermediate and even near vision, even though it is a monofocal lens.  I read that it tends to give these results in hyperopic and emmetropic eyes.  I am intending to get monovision so I hope this lens can give me a clear range of vision.

chiutney
I have no experience with this IOL.

Dr. O.
I have had the Softec HD IOL for 6 weeks in my right eye.  That eye is now 20/20 on the tests, whatever that means.  I have extraordinary visual acuity from about 6 feet to infinity in the daytime, better than I have had since I was a young child. At night, I have noticeable glare and halos, which I understand are due mostly to the lens.  I also have less visual acuity at night - more nearsighted by about about .25 diopters, by my experiments.  I am going to get glasses to drive at night and to see movies on the big screen at any time - they are also more blurry, although TV in a darkened room is fine.  Absolutely no ability to see anything closer than 6 feet with clarity, though.  I still have a nearsighted left eye and tried monovision, which drove me crazy because I work at a computer all day, and the eye strain was unbearable.  I am going to get the left lens replaced - it has a less-developed cataract - next week because of this.  I found that both eyes could not work together with monovision when I spent all day doing computer coding, where you need to be able to see the difference between a comma and a semi-colon clearly every second that you are working.  Be sure to get your distance eye first and then experiment with monovision before you get a close-up vision lens implanted - I have since talked to other coders who told me that monovision drove them crazy, also..
hi, how is your vision now?  did the halo effect went away?
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/1648102/Consider-ALL-the-Options-Before-Your-Cataract-Surgery-Working-Through-Whats-Best-For-You    be sure to read this. No experience with that IOL.