Eye Care Expert Forum
Astigmatism, distortion, and poly.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Astigmatism, distortion, and poly.

I am 33 and new to corrective lenses. I was prompted to get an eye exam for safety glasses needed at work and lenses must be polycarbonate. I have some astigmatism with little near correction. I have worn the glasses for several days but can
You should return to the 'eye doctor' that did the glasses test for a repeat refraction and an evaluation of your problem. Astigmatism corrections are often hard to adjust to especially if a person has not worn glasses before. If a person cannot adjust often the glasses prescription will be cut back for instance only correct half the astigmatism now and in a year increase to a full prescription. I think this is more of a problem than the difference in the lens material (eg polycarbonate).

JCH MD