Astigmatism in children
My son who is 5 and a half years old was diagnosed yesterday of astigmatism. He has been advised to wear glasses.
His power is 1.75 for each eye.  My concern is will he have to wear it life long.  Is there anything like excercises we could do to improve his vision so that he can avoid wearing glasses in the future.  The doctor also said that if it had been a little later, or if he does not wear glasses, his vision will be impaired, what are the chances in my son's case.  Do you think it can be rectified by wearing glasses.
Astigmatism is not a disease it means the cornea is aspherical. The glasses do not cure the astigmatism they clear the visual blur that astigmatism causes. Sometimes as the child gets older the astig gets better and sometimes it gets worse and sometimes it remains the same. If you are concerned get a second opinion.

JCH MD