Avastin shot. Anyone had it?
I am getting the Avastin eye shot next week for Radiation Induced Retinopathy. I had Unilateral Retinoblastoma when I was three years old which was treated with radiation in my right eye. Due to my job and my frequent eye contact with patients I am wondering how long my eye will be bloodshot and how long will I experience pain?

Thanks,
Tara Caldwell
26 years old.
-
You should expect the eye to look a bit dodgy for a good week to ten days. The pain should go after a couple of days but it will be uncomfortable after that for a few more days. My advice would be to remove the patch as soon as you get home, I found it more irratating than helpful.
-
Your comments are blank.
That means I have read the posting and do not feel a need to respond. You asked for people that have had the injection to give their experience.

JCH MD
In your experience what have been the main complaints? How long do you reccomend waiting after the shot has been given to attempt to concieve. I am hoping to become pregnant soon.
I do not do avastin injections. they are done by our retina Eye MD.  You should talk to your Eye MD and to your OB MD.

JCH MD
Six years ago, at 76 years of age, lost all but peripheral vision in left eye and had laser to keep even that much vision. About three years ago at 79, the same symptoms showed up. Thought sure I was going to be legally blind. Have had 14- 15 Avastin shots in three years and have been diagnosed as being stable for almost nine months. retna people say no guarantees, but has bought me three years of remaining sighted and holding.

rmday