Bad Reaction/Allergy to Eye Dilation?
I went to the eye doctor yesterday, because I got an eye injury two and a half weeks ago and then I got an infection. He dilated my eyes (twice, as they didn't dilate enough the first time) and ran a bunch of tests. I'd never had my eyes dilated before, and they didn't give me sunglasses (I had none).
As soon as I got home, I felt very sick to my stomach and got a migraine. I was also dizzy and off balance and had blurred vision for hours, which I expected. I was also extremely light intolerant.
I took a nap and woke up feeling better... But the same symptoms came back later last night. My pitch black room didn't seem dark enough at all.
When I woke up this morning, my pupils were still a bit larger than normal, my eyes hurt to move (if that makes sense), and my head was bothering me. I took the antibiotics I was prescribed and went back to bed. My pupils went back to normal but my head is still bothering me a little. I'm also still a bit light sensitive. The symptoms are taking a long time to fade away.
My question is: What is going on?
I thought it might be that they didn't give me sunglasses and the light from the sunshine as well as my phone and laptop may have hurt it... I became extremely light sensitive very fast. I was also told that I might just react badly to the drops, or have an allergy to them. I just want to know so that I can be aware in the future.
You should discuss this with your doctor.  I do not know what type of drops he used.

Dr. O.