Bad result with cataract surgery
I had my right eye done in October and my left eye in Noverber.  I had IOL' s put in.  My right eye started out fine, I could actually see clearly for once in my life, but after two weeks it started to cloud.  The doctor told me not to worry that when my left eye was done they would level out.  They did level out.  My best corrected vision with contacts lenses and glasses is 20/70.  I cannot drive and have be home from work for about six weeks on and off.

I had lasik surgery in 2000 and an enhancement in 2007 on my left eye.
I went to  retina specialist and everything was fine.  On friday I am having a topography.

Could the wrong strength lenses have been inserted?  If so, what are my chances for
a good result.

Thank you
If the IOL is the wrong power,  a refraction should get your eyes close to normal vision.

You have a few other post regarding your surgery.  You might consider getting a second opinion.

Dr. O.
I am going for a third opinion tomorrow.  The doctor who saw me for a second opinion said "I'm glad I didn't do the surgery".  He also said that more surgery was out of the question.

What is a refraction?  Is this a surgical procedure.

Thank you
Zoe
It is to check the need for glasses.  If a wrong power IOL was implanted a refraction can determine the error.

Dr. O.
First what type of lenses were used?  If they are the Multifocal IOL's. This could be the reason.
Thery were Acrysof acrylic foldable lenses by Alcon.  That's all I know.  

I have bifocals that were prescribed, but they can only correct to 20/70 and my eyes will not tolorate soft contact lenses, even the Oasis (moisture sparing kind).  I also have prescribed reading glasses (real thick about +4) and I need a magnyfing glass with these.

Thanks for all your help

It sound like your IOL power calculations were off, and you are now farsighted.  You need to see a surgeon who specializes in treating difficult post-surgery cases.  (Seeing any cataract surgeon just won't do in your situation.)  Ask your doctor(s) for a referral.  If you can't get a referral, try calling a major medical center that has an ophthalmology department.  Ask for an appointment with the senior staff doctor who specializes in cataract/IOL.  (You might have to explain your situation.  Don't accept an appointment with a resident or junior staff doctor.)  BTW, don't give up on contacts before you try the 1-Day Accuvue Moist lens.  It's significantly thinner than the Oasys, and you might find it to be a lot more comfortable.)  Good luck!