Best OTC drops for Pingueculas

I was wondering which eye drops you would recommend to relief the redness caused by pingueculas.
I do not need this relief every day, only for a special event or a night out .... I heard that Visine, clear eyes, Refresh etc have rebound effects, not sure if it's because of the preservatives they use ......I never used them because I read so many bad things that I am scared to even try them once.
On the other hand I started using Systane vials eye drops (without preservatives), they somehow help, especially if I use them before going to bed at night, in the morning the pinguecula is usually a little less red, but still pinkish/reddish  ..

I read somewhere that Aloe Vera eye drops might also help but I dont know where to find them, couldn't find them anywhere .... I believe they are not FDA approved yet ...... ? Why?  

Hope you can help me .... I am considering surgery, although I heard so many bad things about that as well .... ('it might return worse'  'is not worth it' 'the scar that stays is almost as bad as the ping'.... etc) - but a few docs swear that their method is the way to go, Dr. Gulani (a marketing Guru who loves showing himself off, how believeable can that be? :( ) swear about his method with amniotic membrane ..... a doc in NY, doc Latkany, who claims that with his surgery procedure, the recurrence rate is less than 2% although he uses regular stitches and not the amniotic membrane super modern technique because he is concern about the link between the mad cow disease and the glue.

So I am very confused, for now I would really appreciate a recommendation for good eye drops that will hide a little the redness (my eyes are not so bad, I make it sound much worse than what it is).

I would recommend you continue with the Systane.  You could try others and see which one works the best for you.  Get some samples from you eye doc.

Modern technique for surgical removal are very good.  However, there is a small recurrence rated depending on technique.