Best lenses for far and intermediate
I am 55 yo farsighted white male   +3.0 and +3.5(right eye),left eye dominant. I can't see well at any distance anymore.and have .05 cataracts on a scale of 0-5.
I am wondering what IOL to get. I am active motorcycling,boating, and enjoy television/movies so I would prefer good far and intermediate vision and could accept wearing cheaters for near vision...as I need to wear glasses all the time now.
I thought I should stay away from Crystalens as I may want to switch to the new Light Adapting Lense when they are approved.
Any suggestions on choice of lenses....or a combination?
I hope you mean 5 on a 5 scale and not .05 as you typed.  This has been discussed at length. There is no right or wrong for everyone just different choices. Use the search feature and archives and read about "mini-monofocal vision with distance bias"   In that scenario your dominant eye would be corrected to as close to 0.0 refractive error as possible and your non dominant eye to about -1.00 or -1.25      without glasses assuming the rest of your eye is healthy and the surgery goes well the dominant eye would be used for distance (greater than 20 feet) and the left eye with good light would usually be able to see computer, dash-board, iphone/ipad with larger font and progressive glasses   Dominant eye 0.00    non-dom  -1.25   with +3.00 add in progressive bifocals you should have good vision at all distances and the difference between the two lens not too much to adjust to.

JCH MD