Eye Care Community
Black floating blobs in right eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Black floating blobs in right eye

Several days ago I dveloped a really bad headache and had thought it was a migraine on it's way. However I did not have the usual progression of symptms, no loss of speech or numbness. Since this headache I have a had a large black floating spot in my right eye which is really irritating, do you have any idea what it might be and should I see the Doctor or Optician?
Tags: irritable
In the USA an eye MD physician is called a Ophthalmologist and that is what you should see.

In the USA an optician makes glasses.

In the USA a non-MD, non-physician, limited eye care provider is called an optometrist.

In the UK a optometrist appears to be called an optician.

You need an ophthalmologist. Good luck seeing one under the NHS in the UK. They seem impossible to see.

JCH IIIMD