Eye Care Expert Forum
Bleb on eye
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bleb on eye

I am a 31 year old and recently have had a large clear bleb on the white of my eyeball, it is there almost every morning when I wake up and feels like I have an eyelash in my eye. It goes away after about an hour after waking up, but does sometimes return toward the end of the day (perhaps it is related to having tired eyes?)  I have been to my eye doc 4 times in the last two months trying to figure out how to fix this problem.  He seems to think it is allergy related and has put me on Lotemax on two separate occassions with some relief, but once I stop the drops I am back at square one.  Our current mode of treatment is Alrex three times a day, warm soaks and cleaning the eye area (around the lash line) with baby shampoo.  I have been doing this for the last seven days and only two of those days have I woken up without having the bleb on my eye, so I think we may need to try something else. I am scheduled to go back to the MD on Saturday, I am getting frustrated that it seems we can't find a solution to this problem.  Could it be a chronic issue I am going to have to live with? Should I see another doctor? My current doctor is a optomitrist should I see an opthamolgist?

Any advice would be great...