Eye Care Community
Blister on my eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Blister on my eye

I've recently noticed what looks like a blister on the surface of my right eye.  It started with just the sensation of something--I thought maybe an eyelash--in my eye, and some itching and redness.  (Probably because even though I know I shouldn't, I was rubbing at it.)  Then I saw the blister-like bump, and got a little worried.  I went to sleep that night, and in the morning the bump, along with the itching and redness, was gone.  Now, about a week later, it's back.  It's been about three days, and the blister doesn't seem to be getting any smaller or going away.  What could it be, and what causes it?  And if/when it goes away this time, how can I prevent it coming back again?
Without examing you I can't give an exact diagnosis. But your description is very typical of a cyst of the conjunctiva. That the clear layer (like cellophane) that is moist and on the surface of the white of eye (Sclera). They are not serious. They often come and go. They cannot be prevented. They are common. If it gets big enough to feel they can be drained easily and simply and painlessly in the office by an Eye MD physician (ophthalmologist). They are more common in contact lens wearers and people with bad eye allergies.  If it doesn't go away see and Eye MD.

JCH III MD
I have what looks like a blister next to my iris in both eyes, they have been presant for about 4 months. I have drainage from eyes moderatly, sun light irriatates my eyes. what could this be, and I have severe headeches not sure if connected, please help
Sorry you'll really need to have an eye MD look at it. Find one near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD
Hi My name is Axl i am 14 years old and about 2 weeks ago i woke up looking in the mirror finding the sclera in my left eye dark red.. this is the third week and my parents seem to be getting worried.. i tried eye drops and it jus seemed to sting my eyes.. The redness often comes and goes.. but it still stays red most of the time... wonderin if i can get any advice .

-Thanks Axl
Yes tell your parents to take you to see an ophthalmologist Eye MD

JCH MD
i am currently suffering from this same thing. in a matter of a few hours, the blister has grown to about the size of 25% of the visible white part of my eye and become very irritated and itchy, i have taken a benadryl because i have been handling my fiancee's dog today. i've never been known to have a dog allergy, but if i got a hair in my eye, is this the likely cause?