Eye Care Expert Forum
Blisters in the eye area
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blisters in the eye area

Hi everyone,

I was very concerned for my mom and wanted to post this question seeking information.  My mom gets annual white blister-like sacs around her eye area (right now its around the outside/lateral side of her right eye).  The sacs are patches of white, pus-filled with the underlying skin to be slightly pinkish red.  The entire right eye area is swollen too, she can only open her eye halfway.  She gets these patches once every year since she was in 1st grade (now she's almost 50 y/o!).  A long time ago, her MD prescribed Zovirax which seemed to help calm the symptoms slightly but once again, they also reappear every year.  Any clue on this, is there a cure or anything?

Thanks!!