Eye Care Community
Blobs of purple/multicolored light shimmery amoebas in vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

All day, everyday at random intervals. Normal retina exams. Anyone else? Bright spots in vision, purple spots, some now getting larger, blotting out my central vision. I also have Visual snow ( whole life but worsening)

Is this a new phenomena? I notice alot of people here with the same thing and nobosy ever seems to get any real answers.

This discussion is related to I've been seeing these purple spots.
Please see a neuro-ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.
I am seeing a neurologist, I was hoping for feedback until then. Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly read my post and answer me, I appreciate it so much!!!!
I am curious to know if you have resolved this issue. My daughter is experiencing something similar and we are looking for some guidance.
This may be along shot, seeing as how your posts are a few years old, but I'm hoping to God that you'll respond. I am having the same visual symptoms as you and have been for 8 months. It's never ending, I cannot find an answer from any doctor, and I'm afraid I'll soon be blind. Please, please, if you are still on this site, do let me know how you've prgressed, or if you've found an answer. Thank you so much.
I had a man from a block away shoot bright light into my eyes from his eyes.  For four days after that a large purple blob in the center of my field of vision kept pulsating.  Have you ever heard of such a thing?  It has bugged me for years.
ok now THIS may be a long shot, since you posted a year ago. My husband has been seeing the purple hazy spots for almost 2 years. We've been to 30+ doctors all over the United States and no one can seem to tell him what's wrong. He has had scans done and all they say is, everything looks fine. We have an appt with a neuro opthamologist soon and hopefully he can help. I wanted to know what came of your vision. I hope to hear from you!