Eye Care Community
Blood Spot in eye after wrestling practice
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood Spot in eye after wrestling practice

My 7 year old son has wrestling practice 3 nights ago.  At practice he got a knee in the eye.  This morning he woke up with a large red spot in his eye.  My first thought was that this was a bruise and would go away in a week or two.
Today he is complaining of a headache all day.  Is this normal?  Do I need to take him to a doctor?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
A bright red spot on the white of the eye without pain, blurred vision, double vision would not be worrisome. It would likely be a small broken blood vessel. How ever if he has any of these symtpoms or a bad headache then I would recommend it be checked out by an Eye Physician.

JCH III MD
Blank
My left eye was hit and it hurts every now and then, but minor pain. There is a red spot at the inner corner of my eye now. I was wondering if this was serious or not? And would go away? Thanks.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
read the above post in this discussion

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources