Eye Care Expert Forum
Blood Vessel in Eye Pops
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blood Vessel in Eye Pops

I am a Highs School teacher and between class period , I gone into my office to put some papers up and came out to visit with my students when a student came up to me and said " hi".. to me and then quickly said,"Whoa"..what 's wrong with your eye. I didn't  know what he meant , so I went to the men's restroom and checked out my eye and found that a blood  vessel in my eye had popped. I wasn't even aware that it had happened. I was in no pain and my eye felt normal.But it looked very bad. Especailly underneath my lower eyelid and away from the outside of my eye . I guessing this is due to gravity. This happened  around 2:30 pm. It's been two days now..and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to help get rid of the blood in  my eye. To help the eye absorb the blood. Is this a serious condition where I need to go see the doctor? Do I need to put cold pack on it? Should I get eye drops to put in my eye? My eye looks just as red as it was the first day.. I really am wondering if it is still bleeding? If it is still bleeding , would I know that? Anyhow like I said, I don't know what caused it to happen. I do not have high blood pressure.
Is there anything I shoud do to help it heal or to get the red out and clear up.