Eye Care Community
Blow out fracture

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Blow out fracture

I had blow out fracture surgery two weeks ago, an ENT. The damaged eye is notable smaller. since I believe that will eventually repair itself, my main problem is the R side of my face ( nose, upper lip and teeth are numb with tingling. Do you think my feeling will return and how long?
Did you mean to post this on the ENT forum?

The numbness is due to nerve damage.  Return of feeling depends on the amount of nerve damage.  Also, the smaller appearance of the the eye may be due to either a droop of the upper eyelid or loss of orbital tissue to the the blow out fracture.  This should be repaired.

Dr. O.