Eye Care Community
Blue spot on eyeball

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Blue spot on eyeball

Lately my eyes have been getting red and have been quite irritated.  I have diabetes and high blood pressure.  A couple of weeks ago I noticed a blue circular spot to the left of my pupil on the white part of my left eyeball.  Is this something to be concerned about?  What might it be?
This is probably a thin area of sclera.  The color is due to the dark choroid showing the the thinner sclera.  This can be related to age or high myopia.

Dr.O.