Eye Care Expert Forum
Blurred Vision - Right Eye Only

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Blurred Vision - Right Eye Only

Yesterday afternoon on my way home I noticed that objects (signs and text) seemed blurry in my right eye despite the fact that my glasses where on.  My vision is roughly 20/60.  I presumed that my eye was tired after working 3-4 long days/nights in front of the computer (approximately 12-13 hours behind a CRT each day).

I went home, did about 1.5 hours of work on the PC and then hit the sack early at 9:30.  I probably didn't fall asleep until about 11:00.  I got a pretty good nights sleep and got up this morning at 7:00 - but my vision is still blurry.  It's not terribly bad, but enough to be a nuisance and a definite loss of sharpness.  I can only get clear vision from text (computer screen,printed,etc) by getting about 6-8 inches from it (which I'm not doing constantly, just to see if it made a difference).  

I spoke with my brother this morning (he works on PC's all day too) and he said this had happened to him a couple times before and usually subsided in a week or so.  

Could this be due to fatigue?  Dry eye perhaps?  Is this something that I should have checked out by my optometrist?  Should I give it a few days to see if it subsides on its own?  Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.  THANK YOU!
There are severeal things that might cause this, dry eyes is not likely. Could be something as simple as a change in your glasses or contact lens prescription, to spasm or cramping of the focusing muscle in the eye to medical problems.

I would schedule an examination with your 'eye doctor' in the near future.

JCH MD