Eye Care Community
Blurred vision during exercise
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blurred vision during exercise

I am 46 years old and went to the eye doctor today. Normally I wear 1.50 reading glasses when I am reading. After my eye exam he said I actually needed about 2.0 readers he said other than that everything is normal. My problem is when I play tennis and start to get tired my vision also gets blurry. He said perhaps I should then try perhaps 1.0 glasses. After I left that really don't solve my problem. He did say it seems to be with fatigue. A few years when I played basketball it happened everytime I play. Thanks for any advice.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
At your age you likely have latent hyperopia (you will need to do your own research on this subject). Your eyes are running out of focus power (presbyopia). When you get tired your focus muscle is too tired to focus and things are blurry.

You are looking at progressive bifocals now or in the near future.  Do not play tennis in regular glasses you need athletic frames and impact resistent lens for racquet sports.

JCH MD
Blank
Just wondering if just for Tennis if I could get a perscription of low powered +.5 or +.75 atheltic impact resistant glasses something like the Rec specs. Wuuld that help with my fatigue eyes. Thanks
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Only an exam can tell. See an Eye MD. Tell them you are concerned about latent hyperopia and ask for a "fogging-push plus exam" and also a post cycloplegic refraction to determine the total amount of hyperopia you have

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank