Blurred vision in one eye
I am sixty nine years old and as a young person had 20/20 vision.   At around fifty three years of age I was prescribed glasses for reading only.   I continue to use glasses for reading but don't need them for things further away.

Over the past few months I have noticed the vision in my left eye had deteriorated and that it feels as though I haven't washed my eyes properly.   Well I look through my right eye only everything is OK, but when I look through my left eye I can a large circle directly in front of my eye and inside that circle my visual is out of focus and it is like looking through a window covered with condensation.   Outside the circle my vision seems normal.

My wife has had her eyes treated for cataracts and told me her symptoms were nothing like mine.

I have an appointment in a couple of weeks with an optometrist but in the meantime I am becoming very anxious and would like to know what may possibly be wrong.
My main concern would be macular degeneration.  Please see an ophthalmologist ASAP.

Dr. O.