Eye Care Community
Blurred vision on and off since 2008

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Blurred vision on and off since 2008

I have a problem with my right eye. A lot of the time my right eye starts bluring out. I can turn my head and see out of the corner of it for a little bit but then that goes blurry too. My left eye blurs but no where near as bad as my right eye.

I have just had a full eye exam where they dialated my eyes.They said I have really bad dry eyes and my left eye has gotten a little worse. My right eye is worst than the left as far as dry eye goes. I asked the doctor why only my right eye blurs out and I was told it could be a nerve issue. Who do I go see to get this corrected?

I did have a really bad fall down three steps in 2008 which left me frozen and unable to move for almost 2 minutes. My right eye started blurring a few months after that. Due to that fall I had heart issues and had to get an ablation on the right side of my heart, I had to get my neck fused on two disc, and I had to get hardware removal of my lower spine. One week after hardware removal surgery I fell in the tub and hit my lower spine again and have messed up the nerve. That will teach me not to try to shave my legs when I'm not allowed to shower.

Now the doctors are saying the blurred vision could be from all the medication they have me on. However my right eye started blurring bad before I went on all the medication. I was eating Aleve 8 to 10 a day back then due to the back and neck pain. Could all the Aleve have caused this?
No

JCH MD
If you haven't already, please consider seeing a neuro-ophthalmologist.  Your regular eye MD should be able to give you a referral.  Sorry to hear about your injuries.  Best of luck to you.
=