Eye Care Expert Forum
Blurred vision with glasses

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Blurred vision with glasses
Hi, I recently got new glasses and but the vision in my right eye is still blurry, little improvement over not wearing glasses at all.  I thought it was the prescription but when I went back for a folow-up, they were clicking all the different lenses (1 better or 2 etc.) and nothing was making the letters on the chart clearer!  I wear contacts all the time, only glasses at night and also have been noticing the problems with contacts on when I try to see things with one eye closed.  The optometrist said my cornea isn't smooth and has some splotches on it and to give the eyes a rest and wear my glasses for a few days.  I'm not used to wearing them and am getting headaches with the imbalance in vision.  I've been wearing contacts for over 15 years and have never had this problem.  Any idea why the vision in my right eye is uncorrectable?
Dear Cindy143,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD to determine the cause of your blurry vision.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
Yes, I recently got new glasses and I also have contacts, why is it that when I wear my glasses my vision is blurr and not with with my contacts, and i heard that wearing glasses over a long period of time will cause you to go blind, and that glasses do not correct your vision, because i've wearing my glass since 2003 and my sight has become much more worst, i'm scared, but just the thought. what do you think????