Eye Care Expert Forum
Blurry spot

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Blurry spot

Hello.  I have a blurry spot in my right eye that shows up in the slightly lower right area of my vision.  In other words, if I'm focused on something I can see the blurry spot off to the side.  I can also see the spot when I close my eyes at which point it's blue or purplish in color.  I mostly notice the spot when it falls on contrasting colors like something light against a dark color, ie. the sides of a door, venetian blinds, the edge of a tv screen etc.  That one spot looks blurry or distorted.  It doesn't move around.  Always just to the right of my vision in that one eye.  Any ideas what this could be?  I do intend to see an eye doctor but would like other opinions.  Thanks so much!
There is an extensive list of things that might cause this some serious, some not serious. You need to see an ophthalmologist to determine the cause. You can do a internet search of Amsler Grid, read about the test, print out a grid and test your eyes and monitor the spot until you have your Eye MD examine you.

JCH III MD
Also, this has been going on for a couple of weeks.  I am a 29 year old mother of three.
See if your eye problem is similar to mine.  I posted under Bright Spot in Eye on this forum earlier today.
Thank you so much for your advice!  I will definitely do the Amsler Grid.
JCH