Eye Care Expert Forum
Blurry spot
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blurry spot

Hello.  I have a blurry spot in my right eye that shows up in the slightly lower right area of my vision.  In other words, if I'm focused on something I can see the blurry spot off to the side.  I can also see the spot when I close my eyes at which point it's blue or purplish in color.  I mostly notice the spot when it falls on contrasting colors like something light against a dark color, ie. the sides of a door, venetian blinds, the edge of a tv screen etc.  That one spot looks blurry or distorted.  It doesn't move around.  Always just to the right of my vision in that one eye.  Any ideas what this could be?  I do intend to see an eye doctor but would like other opinions.  Thanks so much!
Related Discussions
233488_tn?1310696703
There is an extensive list of things that might cause this some serious, some not serious. You need to see an ophthalmologist to determine the cause. You can do a internet search of Amsler Grid, read about the test, print out a grid and test your eyes and monitor the spot until you have your Eye MD examine you.

JCH III MD
5 Comments
Blank
Also, this has been going on for a couple of weeks.  I am a 29 year old mother of three.
Blank
See if your eye problem is similar to mine.  I posted under Bright Spot in Eye on this forum earlier today.
Blank
Thank you so much for your advice!  I will definitely do the Amsler Grid.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
JCH
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
2078052_tn?1331936700
Doreen Fazio, M.D.Blank