Eye Care Community
Blurry vision after barrage laser for weak areas of retina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I had a barrage laser done for weak areas of the retina to avoid retinal tears in my right eye.  I am post LASIK.  However after the laser treatment my vision has remained blur for the 5th day.  I went back to my doctor who says pupils seem still dilated and in 2-3 days they should be clear.  Is there anything to worry.  
Weak areas of the retinal usually do not need treatment.  Use the search function for some of my comments.  It is unusual for the pupil to be dilated after 5 days.  See if squinting or looking through a small hole in a card improves vision.  This would simulate a smaller pupil.  A complication of laser is epiretinal membrane formation which can distort central vision.   Look at an Amsler grid (Google it) and see if there is distortion centrally.

Dr. O.