Eye Care Community
Botox injection affecting retina?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Botox injection affecting retina?

Dear Dr. Hagan,

You know the eye anatomy better than anyone, so I have an important question for you...

Can several Botox injections (for laugh lines around the sides of eye)  to the side and below the eye accidently get into the blood vessels and travel to the back of the eye ?  

I have had several Botox injections on the sides and below my eye (3:00 to 6:00 on a clock) and they have hit blood vessels where my entire eye area became black and blue from blood for several days.
My thoughts are, logically couldn't that Botox have leaked into the damaged blood vessel and travelled to the back of my eye?  Is that anatomically possible ?  
Dr. Hagan answers on odd days.

Dr. O.