Eye Care Community
Bright Light in Bottom Left Corner of Left Eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I have been seing a Bright Light In my Eye. What does that mean?
Tags: light, Eye
I would certainly see an eye doctor.  I started seeing bright "flashes" of light in my eye over a period of 3 days, best way i can describe it is "flashes of lighting" but not as intense - gold colored; it turns out these flashes were retinal tears, which caused my retina to detach.  It's now 7 months later and i WISH someone would have told me to go see a eye doctor sooner, as i waited until i started seeing a gray curtain interupt my field of view.  Be safe - get it checked.
-
Thank you very much neo311. I have an appointment tomorrow. I hope everything goes well for you, and you get the help you need for your eyes too. God Bless!
-
Dr. You keep responding with a "-". What is that?
It means I've read the postings to that point and don't need to comment further. It's how I keep track of what postings I've looked at.

JCH MD
Hey guys! My eye doctor checked everything and said that sometimes the gel in our eyes can pull on the retina. Therefore causing the lights that I have been seeing. He didn't see any tears thank GOD! He said that it should go away, but if it progresses then I need to come back.
your condition is called a posterior vitreous detachment PVD and you can read more using the archives or search feature.
JCH MD
Dr. John,

You think that I have PVD? My doctor didn't say anything about that. He said he didn't see any tears or detachment. I will call him today and ask to see if that is what he thinks too. Thanks!
I have this light goldish yellowish light that I see at the bottom of my left eye sometimes and it stays for a spit second to 2 seconds, also the white part of my eyes are turning yellow and have had some serious headaches lately, anyone know what this could be