Bright Light in Bottom Left Corner of Left Eye
I have been seing a Bright Light In my Eye. What does that mean?
I would certainly see an eye doctor.  I started seeing bright "flashes" of light in my eye over a period of 3 days, best way i can describe it is "flashes of lighting" but not as intense - gold colored; it turns out these flashes were retinal tears, which caused my retina to detach.  It's now 7 months later and i WISH someone would have told me to go see a eye doctor sooner, as i waited until i started seeing a gray curtain interupt my field of view.  Be safe - get it checked.
-
Thank you very much neo311. I have an appointment tomorrow. I hope everything goes well for you, and you get the help you need for your eyes too. God Bless!
-
Dr. You keep responding with a "-". What is that?
It means I've read the postings to that point and don't need to comment further. It's how I keep track of what postings I've looked at.

JCH MD
Hey guys! My eye doctor checked everything and said that sometimes the gel in our eyes can pull on the retina. Therefore causing the lights that I have been seeing. He didn't see any tears thank GOD! He said that it should go away, but if it progresses then I need to come back.
your condition is called a posterior vitreous detachment PVD and you can read more using the archives or search feature.
JCH MD
Dr. John,

You think that I have PVD? My doctor didn't say anything about that. He said he didn't see any tears or detachment. I will call him today and ask to see if that is what he thinks too. Thanks!
I have this light goldish yellowish light that I see at the bottom of my left eye sometimes and it stays for a spit second to 2 seconds, also the white part of my eyes are turning yellow and have had some serious headaches lately, anyone know what this could be
I'm still undergoing treatment floaters and flashes I had 2 tears in the retina but a retina hole went undetected till they used new tech that takes a picture of the retina ,where they found a hole .I'm still having floaters and flashes and fear the worse not a retina detachment but blindness itself due to my severe lattess in both eyes I had 2 lazer surgerys and still see flashes . and have blood in the eye I'm not sure if my young doctor is doing the correct job so I'm gonna seek a second opinion
First the treatment of retinal tears or holes with laser or cryo (freezing) does not treat the floaters just the hole/tear. Hopefully the floaters "settle down". Getting a second opinion is a good idea if you have doubts about your treatment or Eye MD. Most patients with lattice do not end up blind nor have retinal detachments. I have lattice in both eyes. Good luck JCH MD