Eye Care Community
Bright light flash in corner of vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Bright light flash in corner of vision

I get a quick flash of bright light in the outer corner of my vision in my right eye. It is very fast and only happens  sometimes. Usually while or after watching TV. Female, 54 yo. Wear glasses for distance (nearsighted). Currently have hypertension. Treatment is Norvasc 5mg.
Avatar n tn
I recently had the same thing I believe.. It was like strobe light flashes in my eye !
I called to report it to my eye surgeon - I had recently had cataract surgery and was concerned . In the literature about the surgery it said 'if you experience "lightening" in your vison CALL US IMMEDIATELY... I did.. They have not bothered to return my call.. its been 2 wks !
I suggest go to eye doc - now ....
See an ophthalmologist if it continues or especially floaters.

Dr. O.