Eye Care Community
Broken blood vessels in both eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Broken blood vessels in both eyes

For about 4 days now ive had broken blood vessels in both my eyes but everyday it seems to get worse instead of better. I recently just started exersizing again to get my weight down and went with a friend to the gym and did his usual routine of Lifting Running and ab workouts.
My friend had me lift more than ive ever done before and i was really straining and also he had me do about 100 crunches with a 20lb medicine ball
after the work out i was in the bathroom and i noticed that the broken blood vessels in my eyes had gotten alot larger i went home googled it and found that it might be subjunctive hemmoragging and is caused by straining and should go away on its on in a week or two, but as the days go by it seems to get worse.
There is no pain or no vision problems as of yet and i really want to find out what this is because the bleeding is getting closer to the pupils in my eyes and i dont want to risk blindness
Any help greatly appreiciated.
-Forrest
One of the causes of subconjunctival hemorrhage is heavy lifting. blood won't get into your eyes. Have a medical eye exam by an Eye MD ophthalmologist physician as a precaution.

JCH III MD