Eye Care Community
Brown Spot On White Of Eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Brown Spot On White Of Eye

6838737?1303228734
For about 8 years I've notice this brown spot on the white of my eye.  It has gotten bigger and darker over the years.  I really want it to go away, for it's making me self-conscience when I'm talking to people.  Is there anything I or an eye doctor can do to remove this spot?

Thank You
You need to see an ophthalmologist eye MD to determine if it need biopsy. There pigment issues are common-normal in black individuals and people with very dark complecsions. It would be difficult to remove that big and if it has a benign appearance then it might be considered cosmetic and insurance would not cover.

JCH MD
HELLO doctor,
the matter is not in the recovery of costs by insurrance, but how far the surgery can be difficult, would you tell me about the identity of that spot and how it can be removed?
thank you