Eye Care Expert Forum
Brown spot on eye?

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Brown spot on eye?

I'm a 28 year old, Caucasian female, and am concerned about a brown spot I discovered on my left eye. I first noticed it about 5 months ago. Other than my eyes being unusually blood shot frequently, there aren't any symptoms really associated with it, other than sometimes feeling like there's something (like a hair or dust) in my eye. I've taken a picture of it, but don't think I can show it on here?

The spot is fairly small, sitting near the middle of the eye, kind of on the outside of my iris, but still touching it. It's more irregular in shape and there's a pronounced vessel kind of attached to it.

I've been doing online research, and think it may be melanosis? Any info is greatly appreciated!
Tags: brown spot, iris, Eye, melanoma?, melanosis?
You should see an ophthalmologist for an exact diagnosis.  Acquired melanosis is common, but when there is a prominent feeder blood vessel, we are concerned about other issues.