Eye Care Expert Forum
Bruised Eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Bruised Eye
Hi i trying to scared my husband while he was killing flyes in thew kitchen. He aacidently hit me on the side on top of my right eye. In five minutes i had a ball size of a grepe on topo of my eye.  It got swolling so i put some cold fresh meat. Woke up in the morning with a purples eye. Its been 4 days and is less swolling but i can open my eye. Is till purle and changing color. What can cured my eye with? I worked in a computer for about 4-5 hours and my eye somtimes hurts a little is because my eye still a little swolling and im forcing my eyes too much? I can see fine is just that i get tired of looking at the computer. I had never had a somthing like that
You have blood under the skin of the lids, called an ecchymosis. This will clear in time, but you should see an ophthalmologist for an exam to be sure there was no injury to the eye itself.  Using your eye will not damage it.