Eye Care Expert Forum
Bruised eyeball

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Bruised eyeball

I recently had a bruised eyeball. How long does it take for the eyeball to completely heal? My opthamologist checked my eye and said it was fine, but I see a tiny grey circle in the center of my vision that seems to fade when I focus on it but doesn't fade completely. So does the bruised eyeball after anything to do with the tiny circle?
A bruised eyeball is not exactly a scientic term that  means much to me.  If you mean that you had retinal bruising or commotio retina or macular edema or a traumatic injury to the retina that would be more  helpful.  Please talk to your ophthalmolgist about your symptoms and if you haven't seen one, you need to as soon as possible.  Your symptoms are somewhat concerning to me and if you were hit in the eye I think it is extrmemely important to be checked out by an ophthlamologist to rule out vitreous floaters or bleeding or even a retinal detachment.