Eye Care Expert Forum
Bump in lower lash line.....

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Bump in lower lash line.....

Within the past month or so I have noticed two small bumps in my lower lash line. one is tiny and just below my lash line and one is a bit bigger in my lash line.... sometimes they itch. There is nothing on the inside of my lower lid... What could these be? What are they caused by and how do I get rid of them??
Dear Lo2009,

Bumps on the eyelid margin may represent infection, or inspissated oil glands.  I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD for definitive diagnosis and treatment.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California

In reading your posting. I wanted to tell you of my experience with a bump in my upper eye lash line. I only had one bump. I had it evaluated on two different occasions, by the same dr. He told me it was a sty. gave me medication and sent me home. After a few months in was still there not changing much, but worrying me. Went to a specialist and it was diagnoses as a form of cancer of the oil glands of that lash. It became a long drawn out problem. That was 12 years ago and I am fine. but I did have to have some surgery. This was a very rare kind of cancer. I know there are many different kinds of reasons for(bumps) and I do not want to alarm you. But hope you take Dr Feldman's advise and will have, or have had it evaluated.