Eye Care Community
Bump on eye under eyelid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Bump on eye under eyelid

I'm a 19 year old female and noticed a bump on my eye yesterday. I noticed it when I rubbed my eye and at first I thought it was a bump in the middle of my eyelid, like a pimple or something. After trying to isolate it on my eyelid and figure out what it was, I realized that no matter how I moved my eyelid the bumped stayed in the same place and I must be feeling a bump on my eye that's under my eyelid. I can't actually see the bump if i pull my eyelid up, but it's on the sclera, and it's up high enough that when I have my eyes open and I'm looking straight ahead, it's right at my eye socket.  I tried googling it, but the answers I got didn't seem right. The closest was a pinguecula, but I didn't think that was right since I'm only 19 and live in the midwest, and that is caused by sun damage. I usually wear sunglasses and half the year it's not even very sunny. I'm at college right now and don't have a great way to go see an eye doctor since mine is back home, so if you could tell me what this may be, and if it could be serious, I'd really appreciate it!

Also, I'm not sure if this is related, but about a week or two ago this same eye was kind of pressure sensitive and achy for a few days, but then it went away. And I'm in a parasite class and we've dealt with some parasites that can cause ocular larva migrans, so there's a slim chance I could have gotten that, and I'm not sure how OLM presents itself. And I know its not a sty, so please don't tell me it's that.

Thanks!
This not related to OLM.  This usually occurs in children and it takes some time for it to reach the eye.  The location is by chance.

Pingueculas do not occur in the location you mentioned.  I would see the student health doctor.

Dr. O.