Eye Care Expert Forum
Bump on eye...heard it might be a cyst
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bump on eye...heard it might be a cyst

I have been doing a bit of internet research lately trying to figure out my best course of action or possible home remedy for a small, painless, white bump on the inner corner of my lower eye lid.  The only time it will hurt is if I rub it hard.  I tried to pop it once thinking it was a pimple.  It has been about a year now and it has never gone away.  
I read on a couple of websites that this could be a type of cyst but all the pictures that were shown looked nothing like mine.  

It looks extremely similar to a "white head" pimp.  But is hard with no sort of puss.  It has grown in size and I am not sure if this is due to with me messing with it or if there is a deeper problem.  

If someone has any idea of what this could be and my best course of action (which I am sure is to go see a Dr.).  I would really appreciate it.  
I currently have no insurance so if there is a simple home remedy I guess that would be my preferred option.  

Link to see picture of eye => http://a419.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_9182823654b705f2cb2623196da7a08a.jpg

Tags: Cyst, bump, eyelid, Eye