Eye Care Expert Forum
Bump on eyelid, not a style

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Bump on eyelid, not a style
I have had an annoying bump on my eyelid for about 4 months now and it seems to be getting bigger and will not go away. My doctor said to put hot tea bags on it eyery night, but that didn't help. I bought some Stye medicine from the dug store, and that has not done anything. It looks like it is filled with liquid and it is very visible, especially when I am not wearing eye make up. I am in a sales position and I meet with clients all day and it is really starting to bother me because I can tell people keep looking at it. Does anyone know what it is and how I can get rid of it? I tried to post a picture, but I can't attach it to this bog.. Thank you for your diagnosis.
Have it removed. It's fairly simple.
Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.