Eye Care Community
Bump on inner lower eyelid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Bump on inner lower eyelid

4607820?1246263473
I have been suffering from this recurring problem in my eyelid. A few weeks ago, my lower inner eyelid grew this bump and I don't know what it is. But when I had the bump, my left eye produced puss (a somewhat opaque color) and it felt in a way sticky. Besides that, on the second and third day, the bump grew in size and it compressed on my eye so every time I blinked, it would really hurt. But from the fourth day up until the seventh day, the bump disappeared. However the bump left a mark on my lower eyelid.

I don't know what caused it but this bump grows on both my upper and lower inner eyelid and the symptoms are the same. It does not happen every month. It happens every 3 months. I would like to know what causes the bump and the name of the disease. Also, I would like to know what I can do to prevent it.

I added a photo of the bump on its fourth day.

Thank you.
The picture isn't great but it looks like a plugged oil gland (chalazion). USe the search feature and archives to read about the diagnosis and treatment. GO to Google images and type in chalazion to see what they look like.

Find an Eye MD at www.aao.org to make DX and begin RX

JCH MD