Burning Tears
I have severe dry eye, and puncta plugs in both eyes to help.  I wear contact lenses, I switched from rgp to soft contacts about a year ago.  Everything was fine and comfortable until about a month ago, my vision seemed to be really off.  I went in to get a new rx and was given a different brand of soft contacts, they seemed to kind of stick to my eyes and burn them.  When I went back I was told that my eyes were so severely dry that they appeared to have little holes all over the surface.  I was told not to wear contacts for a week and to use systane drops.  Since then however, my tears are literally burning my eyelids.  Whenever my eyes tear or water the tears that touch my skin around my eyes literally turns the skin red and it swells and peels.  I am in so much pain now and I can't find any relief, any information would be really appreciated.
Use the search feature and archives to read about dry eyes. Leave the contacts out, prepare to not be able to wear them, see an Eye MD to discuss restasis

CJH MD