Burning eyes with new CL prescription
I have Keratoconus and have been wearing a new pair of RGP CL's for several days.

And now my eyes burn when 'looking at the written word - either book or computer'. This 'burning sensation' when wearing CLs has never been an issue before getting this new pair of RGP CLs. The prescription changed... that's all.

My questions are... Is this prescription over corrected / too strong? Or is it possible that the CL fit isn't right?

If the CTL was well fit you would not have this problem. HOWEVER if you are in your late 30's or early 40's you might have presbyopia in which case you would need reading glasses over the CTL for reading/computer.  Discuss with your fitter.

JCH MD
Yes, I was recently told that I do have presbyopia. And have been wearing reading glasses (the power recommended by the OD) over the RGP CLs.

The RGP CLs material/brand is new for me. I have over the years had the same 'brand'.

My question is... Could the new CL material cause a burning sensation?
Yes, you'll need to take this up with your CTL fitter. Also need to know that the % of people that can wear contact lens successfully declines rapidly after 40.

JCH MD
Since I am a slow progessing Keratoconus patient (KC hasn't changed in the only KC eye in years) how many more years I would be able to wear CLs. Or want to. ;-)

My question is... Don't patients with Keratoconus typically wear CLs out of necessity? And does that mean that successful CLs fits decline for KC patients after 40 years of age?
At this point you will need to get this information from your CTL fitter.  Your last answer is YES. Any type of CTL is less tolerated as the person ages.

JCH MD