Burning sensation after cataract surgery
I had cataract surgery in my eyes, aug.2009 and sep.2009. After surgery I started feeling burning sensation in my eyes, one more then the other and at times it becomes very uncomfortable to keep my eyes open. My eyes tear also.
This happens any part of the day but usually is more in morning and last for 2 to 3 hours until it goes away or becomes bearable. My opthalmologist has checked it twice already and says that it is dry eyes, trying out different eye drops. This condition was not there prior to surgery, is it possible that it is one of the complication that arises after the surgery ? or my eye is not accepting the foreign body ?.
Do you hear from others too about this and what can be done to improve the situation ?
Thanks.
It is highly unlikely that the IOL is causing this or that the surgery caused it especially if you are a menopausal or post menopausal female.

Use the search feataure and archives to read about treatment of dry eyes. Discuss with your eye MD going on restasis and startinng enteric coated fish oil 1/day with evening meal and over three weeks build up to 2 or 3 per day.

Try Refresh-PM at bedtime and on awakening Systane or Soothe artifical tears

JCH MD
My Opthalmologist says that it is dry eye problem but how come it started right after the surgery. I did not had this problem before, is it really a big after effect of this type of surgery ?
Because any surgery is a stress to the eye. An eye that is not borderline dry will not have the problem, if borderline dry eye does.

JCH MD