Eye Care Community
Burst blood vessel with soreness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Burst blood vessel with soreness

I think I have a burst blood vessel in my left eye. It is mildly red in the inside of the white part of the eye near the inner corner. I think it is fine, but I have a lot of soreness moving my eye around. I also grind my teeth badly at night so I am assuming it caused this. I am also sensitive to light. Should I see the opthamologist?
If you have pain, reduced vision or the light sensitivity worsens then yes see an ophthalmologist. If not and its just a small bright red spot on the white of the eye its not usually necessary.
JCH MD