Eye Care Community
Burst vessels in eyes since an early age

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

10300284?1398555182
I'm now 29 but have had this problem since my early youth (age 12+). In the top corner of the white of one of my eyes is a clump of blood which seems to have a series of blood vessels going to it.

It is very itchy especially in spring time and the redness never goes away. The rest of the eye is easily irritated and I seem to get tiny clear coloured raised "blisters" around the cornea from time to time which also seem to have the appearance of being fed by blood vessels.

Sometimes when the irritation gets bad I have the thoughts that I would love to stick a pin in my eye and drain it from sheer frustration (I know this certainly wouldn't help).

Is there anything I can do? Doctors have looked at it but offered my no suggestions to date other than it must have been an injury sustained at an early age. Steroid drops seemed to only have a temporary effect and I fear they have worsened the condition so I ceased using a long time ago.

Any help or assistance would be much appreciated.
My other eye is completely un affected.
The appearance of your eye is concerning.  While we cannot make diagnosis over the internet that does not look like common allergy, not a broken blood vessel and could even be a non-malignant type of tumor of the conjunctiva.  

You should make an effort to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist that specializes in "cornea and external disease"  medical school ophthalmology faculty usually have these and with some effort you can find them in private practice.

This may need to be biopsied.  Please take action. Let us know what you find out

JCH MD