Eye Care Expert Forum
CORNEAL BLISTERS

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

CORNEAL BLISTERS

My husband had cataract surgery April 30.  During the surgery he developed a suprachoidal hemorrhage and the lens could not be put in.  2 weeks later a Toric lens was inserted.  After this he developed high pressure, edema and blisters.  He was referred to another doctor who performed a DSEK surgery 2 months ago.  The doctor says he is making good progress however he still has blisters, some days worse than others and quite painful.  
First, I'm a little surprised a toric lens was used. I mean with all the problems he had, reducing his astigmatism was the least of his concerns.  Very odd in my opinion.  I'm disappointed overall in how things have turned out.  It looks like he has a long road to recovery and will need to keep in close contact with the corneal specialist.  I suspect ther may be some glaucoma issues as well.  I wish him all the best and just want you to know that he has been through some major problems and is still fighting just to retain some useful vision.  I'm sorry.

MJK MD
plz tell me that how we can differentiate b/w conjunctivitis and scleritis without putting anything in the eye/?
Thank you for your comments.  Just to let you know... seems the corneal blisters have finally been resolved.  The cornea doctor says there is some swelling of his retina.  He saw a retina specialist today and next monday is going to have avastin injections.  He is to go back 2 days later for a check up with the retinal doctor.  He has another appt with his cornea doctor mid December.

Thing is his vision does seem to be slowly improving.  We're keeping our fingers crossed.  He has not been able to drive or fly his radio control airplanes since April.