Eye Care Community
CRYSTAL LENS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

CRYSTAL LENS

I AM LOOKING FOR FEED BACK FROM PATIENTS

This discussion is related to Crystalens vs. Restor Lens IOL implants.
read the discussion on the Expert Eye board called Crystalens vs ReStor - another member and myself just had it done last week and have been sharing our experiences
-
I have been in constatnt pain since I received the crystal lens. It has been four months now. The doctor told me nothing of this risk before or after the surgery. He never gave me the options of immediately getting it cut out and replaced. This was a very well known and respected doctor. many doctor'sI have seen since knew exactly who he was when I mentioned his name.  My advicve is don't get the crystal lens. Also my advice is don't get restore. I think there are potential bad side affects to it also. Just use the safe and reliable tested lens and just wear glasses. If I could go back in time and do it I would. Good luck.
-
-Take notice that ANY MD whom needs cataract surgery will opt for the standard, traditional mono-focal lens. You will be hard-pressed to find any medical doctor who has opted for multi-focal lens replacement on HIMSELF. Does this tell you anything????
I think that is an over-generalization.  Dr. Oyakawa, one of the contributors to this forum, has a Crystalens in his own eye and is quite satisfied with it.  My own eye surgeon has said that were he to need cataract surgery, he would opt for ReSTOR.

Certainly there have been a number of posters to the forums here who have had bad experiences with the presbyopia correcting IOL's (multifocal or accommodating).  There are many folks. however, including myself, who have had good experiences with these lenses.  Prospective patients have to be carefully selected, and one should always work with a surgeon who is very comfortable with and has done many implantations with these types of lenses.  

My Doctor was telling me that we was going put a Crystal and or Restor in for his mother.

--
bstaggs