CT scan of eye
I saw an opthamologist yesterday about the sclera in my eyes thinning. He gave me a full battery of tests and said that everything looked healthy and he didn't know what was causing the thinning. So he decided to set me for a CT scan next week followed by some sort of tear production test. I'm just curious what kind of things would they be looking for. And is it common for a doctor to order an x-ray for something like thinning sclera?
Honestly I don't know what the CT scan is for.  It doesn't tie in to this situation from what you told me.  Obviously there is more to the picture than you are telling us.  What is the CT scan of - the brain? Chest? ???

MJK MD
The doctor told me that it's to see what is going behind the wall of the eye, where the tissue is to thick to see behind.  I also told him I was having eye pain, so I hope he isn't ordering it just for the pain. Because I seriously doubt that the pain is caused by something behind the eye such as a tumor.
I just called my doctor's assistant and asked for the reason for the CT scan. She told me it will allow them to see if there's anything back there such as a lesion or anything else causing me problems. Then I asked her if it's possible for my eye to just thin for no reason and it not being a health risk or sign of other problems and she said she couldn't answer that, she didn't know. So, is it possible my eye is just thinned a bit and it isn't really a cause for concern? I have full intention of getting the scan done either way, but no one can tell me if the thinning is a serious problem or not, or even what it could possibly be.