Calcium Channel Blockers & vision
fdp
Do CCBs affect one's vision?  
I have been on them for a few years due to circulation problems, not blood pressure issues, and have recently stopped taking them.
Can the reduction in blood flow from NOT taking the CCBs alter my vision?  I just saw the ophthalmologist in July (had a refraction at that time) and am now noticing vision changes.
The short answer is the CCBs are being studied for a beneficial effect for treating glaucoma. There is a certain percent of patients the continue to lose vision to glaucoma even though their intraocular pressure is kept very low with mediation. It is believed there is a pressure independent pathway(s) that also damage these eyes. CCBs are being studied to see if they have a "neuroprotective " effect.

High blood pressure does not cause glaucoma. If a person has severe glaucoma and their blood pressure is suddenly and drastically reduced there are cases where the glaucoma has gotten worse because the system blood pressure drives blood into the eye.

Since you did not take CCB for HBP it should have no effect on your eyes and vision.

JCH III MD