Aa
A
A
Close
Can Floaters Cause Night Vision Problems
Can floaters cause night vision problems such as glare and halos.  I have a lot of floaters including a very large opaque one, that interfere with my vision during the day but when I move them out of the way, I see okay and don't have trouble reading.  Driving at night, I have lots of glare.   I had a PVD with retinal tears repaired by laser last September.  Subsequently I developed an ERM which I think must be mild.  I was told I had cataracts in both eyes but the doctors have said that aren't very significant at this time.  

Do you think floaters could be the cause of the glare rather than the catarcts? Or could the cataract in one eye have take off since my last visit?

Thank you

Thank you
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
FFloaters rarely cause glare or night vision problems; cataracts are a very common cause.

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you for the information.  The inside of my eye is like the ceiling of a planetarium and coupled with my retina doctor and optometrist's opinion that the cataract is at early days, I didn't want to start down the surgery path if it wasn't going to fix things in the end.  I think I'll observe the glare when I'm a passenger in a car and see if it moves around or comes and goes like the floaters.  If not, I'll look into correction.  Thank you again.  This forum is such a valuable resource.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
233488 tn?1310696703
You're welcome. JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources